They say that we are free, but I
can still hear the shackles.
The shackles around my ankles
bound.
They say that we are free, but I
can still hear the crack…
of the whip on my back, as I fall
to the ground.
They say that we are free, I
believe them when they say,
But yet I see no evidence that
even points this way.
Something has me enslaved,
something big, something strong,
I find myself reminded of this,
whenever I do something wrong.
The thing that has me bound, like
the Grinch has a big grin,
That thing that has me bound,
ladies and gentlemen…is my sin!
It’s big, and it’s fierce
It’s ugly and it’s nasty
It’s terrible and crafty
It’s sick, and it’s deadly.
Like a dragon, it breathes its
fire upon me
Like a python, it sinks its
poisoned fangs inside me
Like a prison, it swings its door
shut before me
Like a jail, its rusty bars, they
surround me.
Sometimes I feel like I’m no
longer encaged
I’m finally free from this
monster and its rage
I am finally free from this
misery and strife.
But for some strange reason, sin
is still in my life.
All my efforts to unchain myself
are rendered invalid
All my efforts to be good just
come out retarded
On the outside I’m one thing, on
the inside I’m a next
And all this time, I just getting
massah vex.
But then…I hear
A voice oh so near that beckons
me to the cross,
A lamb that was slain, for me,
not in vain, who paid in a terrible cost.
I lifted my eyes and saw a great
light,
For once in my life, I didn’t
feel any fright
A soft voice told me “do not be
afraid,
The debt you were fined, was
already paid”.
The judge who condemned you was
otherwise convinced
And you have been set free by me
eversince.
“but, who are you?” I asked,
shading the light from my face,
And as I lifted my hand, the
shackles fell from their place.
The door swung open before my
very eyes
I fell to my knees, my face to
the skies
“Hold on”, I declared. “There
must be a mistake
I’m sentenced to death, to be
killed at daybreak.”
Not anymore, said the voice from
heaven, down to me
Who the son has released, has
indeed been set free.
A nail-scarred hand gave my hand
a slight pull,
I’ve dealt with your sin, it is
all paid in FULL!
I stood to my feet
I remained there in awe
I knew it’s my fault
For I broke the Law
“I know what you’re thinking” his
voice seemed so nice
“I’m the Lamb of God”, he said…
“the Man, Jesus Christ.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment!